CincyVol

Default HP Authorized Customer?

When performing step #3 "Select Recipients" during a Word 2003 Mail Merge, I
get "HP Authorized Customer" information as my data instead of the data from
my Excel 2003 info. When I open the same file using excel, it opens and
displays correctly.
Peter Jamieson

Does this happen with every Excel document you try, or just the one you want
to use as a data source?

If it is a problem with every Excel document, I suspect you need to check
and repair your Office 2003 installation and/or check/reinstall the data
access software (MDAC). If it's actually a new HP computer under warranty it
might be better to go via their support.

Or, as a workaround, you could try changing the way you connect to the Excel
document - check Word Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversion at open", go
through data source selection again, and choose either ODBC or DDE when
offered.

If it is just a problem in the one Excel document, I suggest you try copying
the content (if possible) to a brand new sheet and see if that fixes the
problem.

Peter Jamieson