Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
§Chrissi§

Default Use Word2003 to send email

Hi,

I have two questions.

1, In a web page, how can I let use click a link of an email address to open
his Word2003 to send an email to that address?

2, How do I specify my default email address in Word2003? My email address
is the "From" address. I can type my address in the From box. But I want
to specify my default email address so that I do not need to type it.

Thanks.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Why do you care which program someone uses to send you an email? Or am I
misreading your first question?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"§Chrissi§" wrote in message
Hi,

I have two questions.

1, In a web page, how can I let use click a link of an email address to
open his Word2003 to send an email to that address?

2, How do I specify my default email address in Word2003? My email
address is the "From" address. I can type my address in the From box.
But I want to specify my default email address so that I do not need to
type it.

Thanks.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

I think you have the impression that Word is an email program, which is
*not* the case. Many people use it as the editor for their actual email
client software, such as Outlook.

With that in mind;

1) Take a look in Word Help re Hyperlinks - but you have no control over
what email client your correspondent uses, and

2) If you set up the desired email address as the Default account in your
email program that should be all that is necessary.

--
HTH|:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac