Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DB DB is offline

Default How do I transfer hyperlinks from a word doc to a PDF file

I have created a word document with a table of contents. The items in the TOC
are all nicely linked so when you click them and it goes to the appropriate
page. Now when I create a pdf file using PDFwriter, the links are lost. Is
there another way to create a pdf file from a word document that will export
the links that are present in the TOC of the word document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Hyperlinks in a Word document are normally preserved into the PDF; but a
Word TOC is a bit silly in a PDF because you've got the PDF navigation pane
there anyway, which will normally provide links to all the headings.

"DB" wrote in message
I have created a word document with a table of contents. The items in the
TOC
are all nicely linked so when you click them and it goes to the
appropriate
page. Now when I create a pdf file using PDFwriter, the links are lost. Is
there another way to create a pdf file from a word document that will
export
the links that are present in the TOC of the word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DB DB is offline

This is true...
However, in the pdf that I have created, when I turn on the navigation pane
in acrobat there is nothing there. In other words...the TOC content is not
showing up except in the actual viewing area. Do I need to do something that
assigns the various headings and subheadings of the original document to
appear in the navigation pane?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Yes. I some how see that Mr. Suzanne S. Barnhill has almost right solution
every time. But from my experience, use a trail version of Adobe acrobat for
such conversion, or buy a licenced copy.

What actually happens is your document is not properly getting distilled
from the postscript file internally. Please do not use any other PDF.
conversion utility except Adobe Acrobat (You links, Bookmarks, Navigation and
even the page orientaion will all works the way you want.)

Challa Prabhu

"DB" wrote in message
news
This is true...
However, in the pdf that I have created, when I turn on the navigation

pane
in acrobat there is nothing there. In other words...the TOC content is not
showing up except in the actual viewing area. Do I need to do something

that
assigns the various headings and subheadings of the original document to
appear in the navigation pane?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How the document is distilled will depend on your conversion settings. There
are options to create or not create bookmarks from the links in the Word
document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This will depend on your conversion settings in Adobe Acrobat (or

whatever
application you are using to create the PDF).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.