Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ButchNH ButchNH is offline

Default Oversize printing on multiple pages

Hello
how can I print 1 image very large using multiple pages. In other words I
want to print a poster size image, but I need to use standard 8.5x11 paper.
So i want the image to be broken up onto 4 standard pages. i will put these
together to make the complete poster.

I've tried page break, but the image does not continue to the other pages.

Please help

thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Oversize printing on multiple pages

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with that.

To print an image on multiple pages, you can use the "Poster" printing option in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Open the document with the image you want to print.
  2. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on "Print" in the left-hand menu.
  4. In the "Settings" section, click on the drop-down menu next to "Print One Sided" and select "Poster".
  5. Adjust the "Tile Scale" percentage to your desired size. This will determine how much the image is enlarged to fit on multiple pages.
  6. Check the preview on the right-hand side to make sure the image is broken up into multiple pages.
  7. Click "Print" to print the image on multiple pages.

Once you have printed the image on multiple pages, you can cut and tape them together to create the complete poster.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word has no ability to tile content over more than one page, but your
printer may have a Properties setting that allows you to do this. Otherwise
you'll have to use Excel, Publisher, or another application that does permit
tiling.

http://word.mvps.org

"ButchNH" wrote in message
Hello
how can I print 1 image very large using multiple pages. In other words I
want to print a poster size image, but I need to use standard 8.5x11
paper.
So i want the image to be broken up onto 4 standard pages. i will put
these
together to make the complete poster.

I've tried page break, but the image does not continue to the other pages.

Please help

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

AFAIK, there's no way to accomplish this in Word.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"ButchNH" wrote:

Hello
how can I print 1 image very large using multiple pages. In other words I
want to print a poster size image, but I need to use standard 8.5x11 paper.
So i want the image to be broken up onto 4 standard pages. i will put these
together to make the complete poster.

I've tried page break, but the image does not continue to the other pages.

Please help

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ButchNH ButchNH is offline

thanks so much....I will use Publisher

grols grols is offline
Junior Member

You can use also this poster software for print different format picture or other documents on a few pages
Vladyslav Vladyslav is offline
Junior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchNH View Post
Hello
how can I print 1 image very large using multiple pages. In other words I
want to print a poster size image, but I need to use standard 8.5x11 paper.
So i want the image to be broken up onto 4 standard pages. i will put these
together to make the complete poster.

I've tried page break, but the image does not continue to the other pages.

Please help

thanks
Hello, mate!
I had the same problem that you.
generally, I've used a RonyaSoft poster printer.
nice app. As for me very fast and comfortable program. I've printed my pict on my a4 printer.
It was looking really Amazing!
I heared, that exist similar way in Wondows...but is to slowly for me.
if u need url :catch : http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/proposter/en/