Paulette

Default Word 2003 problems freezing

I'm having problems with Word 2003. It keeps freezing and is driving me
nuts. I've tried everything I could think of. Cleaned, defrag, ran spybot,
uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing is helping. Does anyone have any
ideas. It started as soon as I upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003. There
is no pattern to the freezing. Sometimes I can work for one hour and it is
fine. Sometimes five minutes and then it freezes, and I have to rebot
manaully.
Graham Mayor

Run through the measures at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm and as you have
been forcing a crash with Word closed, check for orphan files
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Paulette wrote:
I'm having problems with Word 2003. It keeps freezing and is driving
me nuts. I've tried everything I could think of. Cleaned, defrag,
ran spybot, uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing is helping. Does
anyone have any ideas. It started as soon as I upgraded from Word
2000 to Word 2003. There is no pattern to the freezing. Sometimes I
can work for one hour and it is fine. Sometimes five minutes and
then it freezes, and I have to rebot manaully.

Sri

hello,

I am having same exact problems with Word 2003 pro as paulette had earlier.
I tried deleting normal.dot and 'data' file from registry but the problem
persists.
I am gettinf tired with freezing word and killin that program in task bar to
reopen it again to use word. Can anyone help me.
Sri.

"Paulette" wrote:

I'm having problems with Word 2003. It keeps freezing and is driving me
nuts. I've tried everything I could think of. Cleaned, defrag, ran spybot,
uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing is helping. Does anyone have any
ideas. It started as soon as I upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003. There
is no pattern to the freezing. Sometimes I can work for one hour and it is
fine. Sometimes five minutes and then it freezes, and I have to rebot
manaully.

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm .
Additionally update printer and display drivers.

Sri wrote:
hello,

I am having same exact problems with Word 2003 pro as paulette had
earlier. I tried deleting normal.dot and 'data' file from registry
but the problem persists.
I am getting tired with freezing word and killin that program in task

"Paulette" wrote:

I'm having problems with Word 2003. It keeps freezing and is
driving me nuts. I've tried everything I could think of. Cleaned,
defrag, ran spybot, uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing is
helping. Does anyone have any ideas. It started as soon as I
upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003. There is no pattern to the
freezing. Sometimes I can work for one hour and it is fine.
Sometimes five minutes and then it freezes, and I have to reboot
manually.

kruxx

I too am experiencing this exact problem, and also use Word 2003.

I haven't yet seen a satisfactory response, so was wondering if anybody
has any more insights into what could be causing this excruciatingly
annoying problem.

AH

--
kruxx

Les@idts

The first thing I would look at is what is loaded in memory? Do you have a
firewall that may be blocking some kind of update and therefore "freezing"
Word? If so, try temporarily disabling it. In fact, it was my firewall
conflicting with Microsoft's built in program. When I disabled M'Soft it
worked. Have you tried booting up in Safe mode?

Best of luck.