Bruce

Default Document object in protected form

I have a Word form for recording corrective actions taken within the company.
Sometimes I would like to attach supporting documentation, but have been
frustrated in my attempts to insert document objects.
The form is a protected document (table) with form fields. The evidence I
want to attach is usually in the form of .pdf files. I had thought I could
unprotect a section of the document and insert document objects which the
user could double click to view the document. However, only inline document
objects seem to work in a protected document, and even at that the document
tends to become unstable. The problem with inline document objects is that I
pretty much have to take the size they give me. If I attempt to change it I
will distort either the text or the icon (but not both, since I can see no
option but to choose one or the other). However, if I attempt to change the
icon to in front of text or with word wrapping I can not click on the
document object in any part of a protected document. Any ideas, or am I just
overly ambitious?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QnJ1Y2U=?=,

[...]

You are trying to achieve something that's not really supported, at any rate.
See if this helps at all:

Insert a FRAME (from the forms toolbar) in an unprotected section where you want
an embedded object. Set the width or height (whichever dimension should limit
the size) to an exact measurement. Type a space, then Left-Arrow. Now insert the
object (if you go over insert/Object I believe you can choose whether you want
an icon).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Bruce

Thanks for the reply. It sounds easier than what I finally did, which was to
insert the document object into an unprotected paragraph (not in a table
cell) and use Format Picture to crop it to size (I couldn't use the
cropping tool, but for some reason could use the format dialog to accomplish
the same thing).

Hi ?B?QnJ1Y2U=?=,