S Johnson

Default "Data Link properties"

I am having the same problem doing a mail merge in Word XP using information
from a Contacts folder. When I select the contacts folder I wish to use, the
"Data Link Properties" box displays. I do not have the option of beginning
the mail merge in Outlook. Outlook is set as the default e-mail client and
"show this folder as an e-mail address book" has been checked on the
properties page for the folder.

What can I do? I am totally stuck.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UyBKb2huc29u?=,

I am having the same problem doing a mail merge in Word XP using information
from a Contacts folder. When I select the contacts folder I wish to use, the
"Data Link Properties" box displays. I do not have the option of beginning
the mail merge in Outlook. Outlook is set as the default e-mail client and
"show this folder as an e-mail address book" has been checked on the
properties page for the folder.

Why don't you have the option of running mail merge from Outlook's Tools menu?

From the sound of it, the converter for the Outlook mail merge may be missing,
or Word can't find it. Are you able to link to other kinds of data sources (such
as an Excel file)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org