Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Acute e code?

Would some kind person remind me what the actual keyboard code (from memory
AL-0 something) is for e acute (as in French), and possibly where there is a
list of other codes. I'm using Arial font if that makes a difference to the
code. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Aalaan,

See (for a complete treatment):
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/InsertSpecChars.htm
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

wrote in message ...
Would some kind person remind me what the actual keyboard code (from memory
AL-0 something) is for e acute (as in French), and possibly where there is a
list of other codes. I'm using Arial font if that makes a difference to the
code. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Mon, 7 Aug 2006 07:54:03 +1000 from :
Would some kind person remind me what the actual keyboard code (from memory
AL-0 something) is for e acute (as in French), and possibly where there is a
list of other codes. I'm using Arial font if that makes a difference to the
code. TIA

Alt-0233, OR E9 followed by Alt-X.

The full list is in the Charmap application. You should find it under
Start Programs Accessories; but if not then Start Run and type
"charmap" without quotes.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

From Help:

rs

Keyboard shortcuts for international characters
For keyboard shortcuts in which you press two or more keys simultaneously, the keys
to press are separated by a plus sign (+) in Microsoft Word Help. For keyboard shortcuts
in which you press one key immediately followed by another key, the keys to press are
separated by a comma (,). To type a lowercase character using a key combination that
includes the SHIFT key, hold down the CTRL+SHIFT+symbol keys simultaneously, and then
release them before typing the letter.

Press
To do this Press
à, è, ì, ò, ù,
À, È, Ì, Ò, Ù
CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE), the letter

á, é, í, ó, ú, ý
Á, É, Í, Ó, Ú, Ý
CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), the letter

, ê, î, ô, û
Â, Ê, Î, Ô, Û
CTRL+SHIFT+^ (CARET), the letter

ã, ñ, õ
Ã, Ñ, Õ
CTRL+SHIFT+~ (TILDE), the letter

ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ,
Ä, Ë, Ï, Ö, Ü, Ÿ
CTRL+SHIFT+: (COLON), the letter

å, Å
CTRL+SHIFT+@, a or A

æ, Æ
CTRL+SHIFT+&, a or A

œ, Œ
CTRL+SHIFT+&, o or O

ç, Ç
CTRL+, (COMMA), c or C

ð, Ð
CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), d or D

ø, Ø
CTRL+/, o or O

¿
ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+?

¡
ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+!

CTRL+SHIFT+&, s

The Unicode character for the specified Unicode (hexadecimal) character code.
For example, to insert the euro currency symbol (), type 20AC, and then hold down the ALT
key and press X.
The character code, ALT+X

The ANSI (ANSI character set: An 8-bit character set used by Microsoft Windows
that allows you to represent up to 256 characters (0 through 255) by using your keyboard.
The ASCII character set is a subset of the ANSI set.) character for the specified ANSI
(decimal) character code. For example, to insert the euro currency symbol, hold down the
ALT key and press 0128 on the numeric keypad.
ALT+the character code (on the numeric keypad)

Note If you type extensively in another language, you may prefer to switch to a
different keyboard instead.

Can not set column width by code Shaw Tables 1 December 17th 05 08:08 AM
Help! Mailmerge code for all selected records? Kara Mailmerge 1 October 12th 05 07:05 PM
adding the post code Louise Mailmerge 3 May 4th 05 06:27 PM
UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 23rd 05 12:16 AM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 04:06 PM