Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
virginia virginia is offline

Default Text in pasted image does not display correctly

I am inserting jpeg images that were created using a program called
FullScreen. The original data is in a Word format that was pulled from an
Access database, but is in hundreds of separate text boxes. The jpeg image
looks fine on screen, and appears to be fine in the Word document. However,
when I print it out, the text appears to be a different font, and it looks
compressed. We have tried printing it to a variety of printers from Word, and
also converted it to PDF, but the quality is degraded every time.

The resolution on the jpeg is 72, I've tried increasing it, but that doesn't
help either. I am not creating the images, but I could ask for a higher
resolution if that would help.

Virginia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

As you've found, 72-96 ppi is fine for viewing on-screen, but for any degree
of print quality you need *at least* 150 ppi - preferably 220-300 ppi. Any
printer that "works" is a higher resolution device that a monitor. Keep in
mind, however that simply taking an image captured at low res &
doubling/tripling the resolution typically will *not* improve the print
quality - in fact it may get worse. The image has to be captured at a higher
res if intended to be printed.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones