Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julian Julian is offline

Default Problem with Comments & the Reviewing Pane - can u help?

Word 2002 (under Vista HP)

I have a very large document (~750pp, 18MB on disc - in Word format) with
about 5,700 comments.

Whilst I try to avoid using the Reviewing Pane, sometimes it seems to be
unavoidable - BUT for some time now if I choose "Edit comment..." when the RP
pops up the text of the comment doesn't scroll into view.

And sometimes, when I can find the comment, I can't edit it as it is said to
be ~"Locked for editing"

I think the latter may be due to Word repaginating but have been unable to
stop Word from doing it... but more to the point, can I get a specific
comment to reliably appear in the RP?

[PS For various reasons it would be impractical to reorganise the document
(e.g. split it into sub-documents) - please consider the problem "as is"]

Thanks In Advance - looking forward to hearing from "the usual suspects"!