Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
NVC-V.I.P NVC-V.I.P is offline

Default Help!! I need to display the percentage difference between 2 colum

I have created a 5 column table in Word 2007 and need to get the 4th column
to display the percentage difference between columns 2 and 3 automatically.
e.g. if column 2 is 300 and colomn 3 is 30 I'd like column 4 to display 10%
etc. I am at a loss as how to do this and would appreciate any input!! Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

If the numbers are in row 1 of the table, insert the following formula into
the fourth cell in that row

{ =c1/b1*100 \# 0% }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters and Alt+F9 to toggle off
their display and show the result.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.