Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Fev Fev is offline

Default Formula compounding on recalc

Hi
I have a table in Word 2003 or Word 2007 (I am testing this document
in both versions) that adds a number of bookmarks in the same row {=sum
(Balcon1,OPS1,Park1,Rental1,Str1)} that works well, until I choose to
recalc the cell, table or the document. Each time a recalc happens
the formula coumpounds itself - the intitial answer is 1,602.00. The
next recalc provides the result 8,609.62, then 15,617.24 etc. Is
there a way to prevent this?
Thanks
Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Fev,

Your problem description suggests the cell containing the bookmark is included in one or more of the bookmarked ranges. Since you
evidently know which cells to add the bookmarks to, why not simply use the cell addresses in your formula?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Fev" wrote in message ...
Hi
I have a table in Word 2003 or Word 2007 (I am testing this document
in both versions) that adds a number of bookmarks in the same row {=sum
(Balcon1,OPS1,Park1,Rental1,Str1)} that works well, until I choose to
recalc the cell, table or the document. Each time a recalc happens
the formula coumpounds itself - the intitial answer is 1,602.00. The
next recalc provides the result 8,609.62, then 15,617.24 etc. Is
there a way to prevent this?
Thanks
Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Fev Fev is offline

On Mar 12, 1:09*pm, "macropod" wrote:
[...]

Heather- Hide quoted text -

Hi
Thanks for your quick response, I was using bookmarks as the values in
the table are the result of a mailmerge from a large csv file and we
then bookmarked all merge fields to be used in various calculations.
I have tested it using the table cell references and it doesn't
compound. I know I had a similar problem a while ago and after
redoing the bookmarks and the formula the problem appeared to be
resolved. I was just wondering where I was going wrong with the
bookmark story.

Is there a way to view the names and locations of all bookmarks in the
document? I am viewing bookmarks so I can see the [ ] but would
like to see their names as well. I know I can use Goto bookmark, but
that would be rather tedious as there are over 100 bookmarks in the
document.
Thanks
Fev
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Fev Fev is offline

On Mar 12, 2:55*pm, Fev wrote:
[...]

Fev- Hide quoted text -

I have just run some code that shows a message box for the bookmark
that I have selected and discovered that 2 cells were being referenced
by the same bookmark. I gather this created a circular reference.
Thanks once again.

Formula Mark Lewis New Users 2 August 14th 08 05:49 PM
Formula Neil Tables 3 December 25th 07 01:05 AM
how to align caption of formula right whereas formula itself left Martin van Leeuwen Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 05 06:39 AM
Formula help? Michael_Corral Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 05 07:44 PM
Formula help? Michael_Corral Page Layout 1 June 21st 05 07:27 PM