Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default How is this?

geotso wrote:
then, "Gordon" climbed to the rostrum and said:
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Well, short of remembering to remove the space from the signature
every time I post (or using a different newsreader), I don't guess
there's much I can do; this is a "bug" in OE that the OE MVPs have
been hammering MS about for years.

Cured with OEQuotefix AFAIR....

which, is only used (as far as I can presume from my experience) by less
than 1% of the OE users.

Which is why the MS groups are full of messages containing quoted
sigs... ;-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The reason I'm not using it, I think, was that it wasn't applicable to the
version of OE I was using on my old computer. I believe I could not apply
it; thanks for reminding me.

I seem to be unable to reply to geotso's message; when I try to post this, I
get this message:

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ' How is this?',
Account: 'Microsoft Public News', Server: 'msnews.microsoft.com', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '441 (629) Article Rejected -- Ill-formed message id
' in field 'References:'', Port: 119,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Well, short of remembering to remove the space from the signature every
time I post (or using a different newsreader), I don't guess there's
much I can do; this is a "bug" in OE that the OE MVPs have been
hammering MS about for years.

Cured with OEQuotefix AFAIR....

which, is only used (as far as I can presume from my experience) by less
than 1% of the OE users.

Which is why the MS groups are full of messages containing quoted sigs...
;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

According Mike Maltby MS-MVP, when the References rich the 1000 characters
OE wraps the text, and brakes the "chain". That's the "ill-formed message"
explanation you receive.

The discussion:
http://mcse.ms/archive/index.php/t-1651515.html

much more from google: