Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
juicejug juicejug is offline

Default format of a document from one workstation to another

I have a document that I created on my local machine in Word 2003. It is 4
pages long. When I open this document on other workstations (also in Word
2003), it opens up 7 pages long. All the page breaks and such will now occur
in the middle of a page and the formatting seems all screwed up.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Usually this occurs when the other machine has a different printer and print
settings as default.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"juicejug" wrote:

I have a document that I created on my local machine in Word 2003. It is 4
pages long. When I open this document on other workstations (also in Word
2003), it opens up 7 pages long. All the page breaks and such will now occur
in the middle of a page and the formatting seems all screwed up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
juicejug juicejug is offline

This happens before printing. On the screen it goes from 4 pages on one
workstation and then 7 on the other workstation.

"juicejug" wrote:

I have a document that I created on my local machine in Word 2003. It is 4
pages long. When I open this document on other workstations (also in Word
2003), it opens up 7 pages long. All the page breaks and such will now occur
in the middle of a page and the formatting seems all screwed up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It will still be a result of a different printer driver being used, as Word
relies on the printer driver in laying out the text; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

Document Format NJG Page Layout 3 October 6th 09 11:52 PM
Using templates relative to workstation mmmmarcus Microsoft Word Help 3 April 18th 07 11:34 PM
How do I format a document to 4.25 by 5.5? Mo Page Layout 1 January 20th 06 12:01 AM
workstation freezes up when old word docs are opened Don Burdolski New Users 1 January 2nd 06 06:45 AM
Multi-user workstation and Tools/options/file locations Frustrated Tech Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM