Shannon Michaels

Default Is there a way to activate Microsoft Word without Internet Explore

I recently reformatted my computer and re-installed Microsoft Office. For
about a month, Microsoft Word has been working fine. But all of a sudden, now
when I go to edit documents I created with Word or even create a new one, it
doesn't allow me to edit it. In the status bar it says 'This command is not
available because this document is locked for edit'. I never locked anything.
I tried to find the answer in the Help section and it says to activate my
program but everytime I click that I get a window that says I need to install
Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher to do so. I have Internet Explorer installed.
So I don't know what to do. I tried running the installation cd and restoring
the product to it's default settings but it didn't work.

Can anyone help me?