Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Walfe31 Walfe31 is offline

Default Table as Newspaper format

I have one table with 3 columns that uses up the left half of a page. What I
want this table to do is once information is inputted and it gets to the
bottom of the page to continue at the top of right half of the page with all
3 columns just like a newspaper.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You don't want a table; you want snaking columns; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Walfe31" wrote in message
I have one table with 3 columns that uses up the left half of a page. What
want this table to do is once information is inputted and it gets to the
bottom of the page to continue at the top of right half of the page with
all
3 columns just like a newspaper.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Walfe31 Walfe31 is offline

I looked at the document and it doesn't tell me how to set this up. Also I
am using MS Word 2003.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Walfe

"Walfe31" wrote:

I have one table with 3 columns that uses up the left half of a page. What I
want this table to do is once information is inputted and it gets to the
bottom of the page to continue at the top of right half of the page with all
3 columns just like a newspaper.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you prefer to keep your current formatting, select the entire table, then
from the (standard) toolbar, click the columns icon and choose the number of
columns. If the document is otherwise empty, the table won't appear to wrap
to the columns until the number of rows exceeds what till fit on a page. If
you have text before and after the three-column section, it will more
likely appear in three columns immediately.

Note that the default gutter between columns is large, but you can change it
to a more usual 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch if you choose.

PamC