Blarney

Default Microsoft Word XP Version - Can't Keep Program Running

I have been having a problem with Word. When I try to start the program, it
automatically shuts down. As it is shutting down, I see "Favorites
Submenu0161" in a little box on the screen. The program says it has to shut
down and I can not access any of my documents. I have re-installed the
program and allowed it to update itself with what the website would fix the
problem. The problem is not fixed. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Beth Melton

The box on the screen with "Favorites Submenu0161" makes me think you
have a third party add-in or macro creating a conflict. Start with the
general troubleshooting steps in this article and see if any resolve
the issue:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...peningWord.htm

If not then let us know and we'll go from there. :-)

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/