Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flip Flip is offline

Default monthly usage ballooned need free spyware removal tool

My monthly usage has escalated hugely, so far, for this month. I need to find
some spyware ad-ware removal tools that I can download and also use for free
as I am a low income earner and at the moment cannot afford even a small
payment.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Try Adaware from LavaSoft. Not sure how good it is about finding trojans,
though, which is what you're looking for.

Another possibility is your next-door neighbour tapping into your wireless
network: have you secured it?

Do a Google on how to check what services are running, and how to interpret
the processes list (ctrl-alt-delete).

Low income or not, an anti-virus program is likely to be a less than your
monthly usage overruns and the other bills you'll inevitably run up using an
unprotected computer.

"Flip" wrote in message
My monthly usage has escalated hugely, so far, for this month. I need to
find
some spyware ad-ware removal tools that I can download and also use for
free
as I am a low income earner and at the moment cannot afford even a small
payment.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That'll teach you not to go messing around with those porn sites and dubious
pNp sites if you don't know what you are doing.

You can download the free version of AdAware which will do the job, and if
you have no a/v measures, the free version of AVG from Grisoft works well,
without the clunky overhead that Norton imposes.

Flip wrote:
My monthly usage has escalated hugely, so far, for this month. I need
to find some spyware ad-ware removal tools that I can download and
also use for free as I am a low income earner and at the moment
cannot afford even a small payment.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to Jezebel and Graham's advice, you may also want to take some
time and learn how to find appropriate newsgroups for your questions. This
has nothing to do with document management or Word.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]