Chris

Default Microsoft Word 2003

Hi. I have this Word file which is about 6MB. I have been working on this
file and saving it to my USB which has about 200+MB free disk space for a
while now. Yesterday, something weird happened. Whilst trying to save my
work, a dialogue box complaining that my USB is full -- which is definitely
not true. So I copied my file onto the C drive Hard Disk which has Gigabytes
of free space, open up the file and type a letter to see if it would save.
It gave the same error message. This computer that I use runs on Windows
2000. I tried the same version of Office Professional 2003 running on
Windows XP Professional and a Mac running on OS X. It gave the same error.
The file is not corrupted as I did a virus check using Symantec and McAfee.
I also tried Norton Utilites to repair the file. And nothing helps. I tried
to copy the whole document, paste it onto a new document and tried saving it
and the computer tells me that the disk (tried hard disk and USB) is full.

What is the actual problem here if it is not the operating system and no
virus?