Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nic Nic is offline

Default Stop Word from counting first three pages as part of the document

Document is 23 pages. 1st is a cover page, 2nd and 3rd are TOC's. These
pages were not created using a Word template. Footer begins on page four,
however, it reads Page 1 of 23. I need it to read Page 1 of 20. How do I
format this and still have everything in one document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Nic,

It looks like you're using Section breaks to start the numbering on page 4, so select the '23', press Shift-F9 to reveal the field
code and change 'NUMPAGES' to 'SECTIONPAGES', then press F9 to update the field. Providing your document has only the two Sections,
the page count should now be correct. If it isn't, post back.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Nic" wrote in message ...
Document is 23 pages. 1st is a cover page, 2nd and 3rd are TOC's. These
pages were not created using a Word template. Footer begins on page four,
however, it reads Page 1 of 23. I need it to read Page 1 of 20. How do I
format this and still have everything in one document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nic Nic is offline

Default Stop Word from counting first three pages as part of the docum

macropod, thanks for making me look really smart! It worked great. Nic

.