Kularian

Default Templates saved as Documents

I work for an insurance company as a sort of Help Desk employee. Users
occasionally have problems with their computer and I help them if I can, or
direct them to who can help them. Anyway, I received a question that I, nor
anyone else in the company that I know of, could answer, so I'm hoping you
can.

What it comes down to is this. We have a variety of templates that contain
macros that the users can create a document from. One of the users wanted to
save the document created from the template, but keep the macros intact so
she could edit it later if she needed to. However, she recieves a message
stating that a document saved in 97-2003(we have 2003) would not save the
macros. And sure enough, they didn't. Is there a way to save the document
so that the macros still work?

As long as the document is opened on a computer on which the template is
available, the macros will still work. If the user wants to transport the
document to a different environment where the template is not available, she
could copy the macros from the template to the document using the Organizer.