Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Theresa Theresa is offline

Default how do I use an excel spreadsheet for labels with a Mail Merge

I am currently trying to do a mass mailing, and all my addresses are in my
excel spreadsheet. When I use Word to do the mail merge for the labels, I get
next record. I am having a bit of a brain freeze, its been a while since I
did this! I can't remember how I did it last time, and I am seriously stuck!
Can anyone help me. I know I can take all my addresses in Excel and have the
labels merged and I had very little correcting. I am also now using MS
Office 2007. (Kinda new to this version)
--
Thanks for any help
Theresa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry, I couldn't quite make sense of your message at this point:

When I use Word to do the mail merge for the labels, I get
next record.

But some common problems a
a. you haven't inserted any fields in cell 1 of your label layout (Word
doesn't try to guess what you want). You won't see any output.
b. you haven't done the "propagate labels" step (which copies your layout
from cell 1 to all the other cells). You'll just get one label per page.
c. you have put a Next record field (a { NEXT } field in every cell
including the first one. You'll skip one record every page because you
should not have a { NEXT } in cell 1
d. you are merely previewing the merge instead of either printing it or
merging to a new document.

Peter Jamieson