Jim

Default Shortcut Key (or Macro) to Return to Endnote insertion point

I use Word's built-in shortcut key (Ctrl-Alt-D) to insert an endnote. Is
there a way to use a keyboard entry to return to the endnote insertion point
when finished typing the endnote? It would eliminate having to grab the
mouse, hoverin over the endnote number, double clicking on it, and then
returning to the keyboard. I tried to write a macro using the Home key to
return to the start of the endnote, Ctrl-right arrow to highlight the endnote
number, but then I'm stuck because the next step is to double click on the
number, and macros won't record mouse clicks except in menu items.

Thanks.
--
Jim (a.k.a. ORTNPALMS)
Jay Freedman

Jim wrote:
I use Word's built-in shortcut key (Ctrl-Alt-D) to insert an endnote.
Is there a way to use a keyboard entry to return to the endnote
insertion point when finished typing the endnote? It would eliminate
having to grab the mouse, hoverin over the endnote number, double
clicking on it, and then returning to the keyboard. I tried to write
a macro using the Home key to return to the start of the endnote,
Ctrl-right arrow to highlight the endnote number, but then I'm stuck
because the next step is to double click on the number, and macros
won't record mouse clicks except in menu items.

Thanks.

Shift+F5 (the GoBack command) will work. It remembers the last three edit
locations. When you finish typing the endnote, the one of those previous
edit locations should be where you did the insert unless you did a lot of
jumping around within the endnote.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman