Gail Gurman

Default Table of Contents formatting question

My TOC3 style uses italics and my TOC4 uses underlining. I'd like only the
text of the entry to use italics or underline, but I'd like the paragraph
number and page number to be Normal.

For example, here's what I have:

_3._ _This is the text of an entry......................4_
[i.e., this is all underlined]

This is what I want:

3. _This is the text of an entry_.......................4

Is there any way to do this without manually editing the generated TOC?

Thanks.

Gail

Gail Gurman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
:

I'm afraid not. You'll need to wait till editing is complete and
you're sure the page numbers will not change. Then unlink the TOC
field (Ctrl+Shift+F9) and format it as needed.

That's what I figured, but thanks for confirming and telling me how to
unlink. I didn't know about that command.