Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default chinese toolbar in MS word 2007

my toolbar in MS word 2007 is in chinese and I am unable to find the icon or
anything to switch it over to english.. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I don't know how you could do this accidentally, but if your Ribbon (Word
2007 does not have toolbars) really is in Chinese, go to: (Windows) Start
button All Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools Mirosoft
Office 2007 Language Settings, and drop down the first dropdown box (it will
be showing in Chinese) and select English (which should be showing in
English), and press the OK button - the left hand button at the bottom.
Restart your Office programs and they should be in English.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"debbie" wrote in message
my toolbar in MS word 2007 is in chinese and I am unable to find the icon
or
anything to switch it over to english.. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm, she didn't say that her Word just _changed_ to Chinese, so is it
possible that she has somehow recently acquired a copy that's
localized for Chinese and doesn't include an English interface? (I can
think of one possibility for the "somehow." Maybe there are others.)

"debbie" wrote in message

my toolbar in MS word 2007 is in chinese and I am unable to find the icon
or
anything to switch it over to english.. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Hmm, she didn't say that her Word just _changed_ to Chinese,

Very true. If she only has Chinese, however, I think she would have spotted
that the installation was in Chinese - of course, she may be able to read
it. If that is the case, she will need to buy an English language pack:
http://buy.trymicrosoftoffice.com/bu...?culture=en-us

--
Enjoy,
Tony