Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
maurice maurice is offline

Default Bullet Issue

I copied a section of a resume to another section of the same resume. The
text copied perfectly bu the bullets are bold in relation to the original
section. I tried to highlight the bullet to change from bold to regular with
no change. Not sure how to proceed. Guidance sought
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
maurice maurice is offline

Default Bullet Issue Post Script

"Maurice" wrote:

I copied a section of a resume to another section of the same resume. The
text copied perfectly bu the bullets are bold in relation to the original
section. I tried to highlight the bullet to change from bold to regular with
no change. This is Office Pro 2003. Not sure how to proceed. Guidance sought

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

What version of Word are you using?

If you're still using Office 2003 or older, the bullet's characteristics
(such as bold) are carried on the ¶ character at the end of each bulleted
paragraph. Make sure your non-printing characters are showing on screen
(click the ¶ button on your Standard toolbar if they are not). Then select
the ¶ character at the end of the paragraph and turn off bold. The bullet
should change to regular text.

If you're using Office 2007, it'll probably be a similar process, but I'm
not familiar with 2007 yet (thank goodness!).

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Maurice" wrote:

I copied a section of a resume to another section of the same resume. The
text copied perfectly bu the bullets are bold in relation to the original
section. I tried to highlight the bullet to change from bold to regular with
no change. Not sure how to proceed. Guidance sought

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Maurice,

Idaho Word Man has given you a solution to this issue. But note that in the
long run you would be better off using styles to apply bullet formatting,
which gives you more control over the formatting. For more, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html (and perhaps
also http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...umbering.html).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Maurice" wrote:

I copied a section of a resume to another section of the same resume.
The
text copied perfectly bu the bullets are bold in relation to the original
section. I tried to highlight the bullet to change from bold to regular
with
no change. Not sure how to proceed. Guidance sought

Bullet problem when trying to indent a bullet Kat Page Layout 1 February 8th 06 03:05 AM
can I make a bullet 3d Dolorosa Microsoft Word Help 1 October 20th 05 01:27 PM
$ is a bullet vmmchristensen New Users 2 June 20th 05 10:38 PM
Bullet Alignment David Barash Microsoft Word Help 1 June 5th 05 02:27 PM
Bullet Cor van der Bliek Microsoft Word Help 1 January 25th 05 11:00 AM