Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Barry Watzman

Default Perplexing Word Problem

I'm not a new user but I don't see another place to post this.

Word 2003 (from Office 2003):

When I open word and start a new blank document, my cursor is positioned
at the very top of the page, and that is where typed text is placed,
even though a one-inch top margin is set.

I am an experienced word user (since 1991), and I cannot find out what
is causing this.

I've delted normal.dot and let word recreate it, and it doesn't help.

If I go to View / Header and Footer and then immediately click close
(without doing anything), the cursor is then positioned in the proper
place, as specified by the page setup top margin.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Barry Watzman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.