Styles - should I have custom named styles?

Old January 9th 07, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Smudge

Default Styles - should I have custom named styles?

Hi,

I've been using Shauna Kelly's instructions for using styles and formatting.
WOW what an eye opener.

Anyway, have set up template for outline numbered document but then wondered
whether I should have given each of my styles a unique name.

I'm imagining using these styles to format other peoples docs and when they
get back to the originating computer styles such as body text being different
and then the cascading system not working.

Thanks for your help
Smudge
Old January 9th 07, 04:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No. Use Word's built-in styles insofar as possible (they're going to be
there in the background whether you use them or not, so you might as well).
See Shauna's answer to this question at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/shar...matChange.html