mike

Default using control center then change to control left takes the item c.

I center words using keyboard controls. I then enter, then keyboard control
to left justify the cursor and when I do it also takes the words meant to be
center to the left. Also when I check page setup the margin setting do not
match the position of the cursor.

I think you are misunderstanding how the alignment controls work. A
paragraph can have only one alignment. Whichever alignment you select last
will affect the entire paragraph. If you want some words on a line centered
and others left-aligned, you'll need to set a center tab stop at the center
of the line. For an example of this setup, see the Header or Footer
paragraph. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm for more
information on setting tab stops.

"mike" wrote in message
I center words using keyboard controls. I then enter, then keyboard

control
to left justify the cursor and when I do it also takes the words meant to

be
center to the left. Also when I check page setup the margin setting do not
match the position of the cursor.

mike

Suzanne Thank you. But I put a title at the top of page using control e.
Type in the title I want. Press enter several times to a position where I
want the text to begin. Use control L to be at the left of the page to start
typing text and the title of the page goes to the left of the page. If I
control z title goes to center and cursor stays left but I know that it
should not happen that way. I am thinking someone has change something in the
settings.

Mike

"mike" wrote in message
I center words using keyboard controls. I then enter, then keyboard

control
to left justify the cursor and when I do it also takes the words meant to

be
center to the left. Also when I check page setup the margin setting do not
match the position of the cursor.

Ah, that's an entirely different situation. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm. But note
that this would not happen if instead of using direct formatting you applied
the Title style (modified as desired) to the title and the Body Text style
to your body text. I also like to make Body Text the "Style for following
paragraph" of the Title style. Define the Space After as needed in the Title
style, and you can also avoid having to insert empty paragraphs, which are
never a good idea in Word. Keep in mind that Word has to store just as much
information about an empty paragraph as about a full one; adding empty
paragraphs is like leaving lights or fans on in rooms you're not using.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think you are misunderstanding how the alignment controls work. A
paragraph can have only one alignment. Whichever alignment you select

last
will affect the entire paragraph. If you want some words on a line

centered
and others left-aligned, you'll need to set a center tab stop at the

center
of the line. For an example of this setup, see the Header or Footer
paragraph. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm for

more
information on setting tab stops.

newsgroup so