Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Default Automatically Add ..... (Periods) at then end of sectence

If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the line Read

Blah Blah ................................................ 14.50 Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Thanks Susan for you response

but I i want the periods ... to go after the end of the sentence and then
type in the word. Please see example below, Your example will place a

Blah Blay TabTab ... 14.50.. I don't want the tabs.. I would like
continuous ...... to the end

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the line Read

Blah Blah ................................................ 14.50 Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you read the article? When you set a tab stop where you want the 14.50
to be, all the intermediate tab stops are cleared. You need press Tab only
once.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You use a tab (usually right- or decimal-aligned) with a period leader.

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the line Read

Blah Blah ................................................ 14.50 Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Suzanne,

Yes I did, But I can not find a location in Word 2007 that has format|Tabs...

Can you direct me please...

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the line Read

Blah Blah ................................................ 14.50 Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Sorry, Suzanne,
I lost our thread about dictionary headers in the Greek word list. How
about this? When the document is done, I create a macro that checks each
page for a blank cell at the top. If there is a blank, the macro searches
for the last loaded cell on the previous page and inserts its word into the
empty cell at page top. The program/macro does this for the whole document.
Then I have the headers and the pages as I want them. Can a macro do that
kind of programming task?

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the line Read

Blah Blah ................................................ 14.50

Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Macros can do just about anything, but you'll get more help with macros if
you post in one of the microsoft.public.word.vba... groups. I would still be
inclined to lean on an entirely style-based solution, but that's just me.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You use a tab (usually right- or decimal-aligned) with a

period
leader.
See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the line

Read

Blah Blah ................................................

14.50
Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

What "style based solution"? That I have headers that don't show the true
state of the page-contents? If I'm doing Bible-verses in the left-column I
may have a verse commentary in the right that spans several pages. Then the
header is totally blank, since its reference-point is listed two pages back.
And the reader flipping through (not reading page at a time beginning to end)
has no idea to what verse the commentary at the right refers. The solution
with the Greek word-list, which is pretty much one line to a cell, is to put
the word in every row (don't leave blank cells), but that puts a burden on
the reader, who must search for word-changes that often involve only one
small interior letter.

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the line

Read

Blah Blah ................................................

14.50
Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What I have said from the outset is still true: a StyleRef field will pick
up the most recent instance of text in a given style. This means that it
will pick up the reference several pages back provided that you don't have
intervening empty paragraphs in that same style. You can leave blank cells;
just format them as Normal or some other style.

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the

line
Read

Blah Blah

14.50
Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Uh Uh. It loks from the top of page down for the FROM field and from the
bottom of the page to the top for the THROUGH field. If everything is blank
on the page, and the cells are formatted NORMAL, all that appears in the
header is THROUGH.

"Mark" wrote in message
If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make the

line
Read

Blah Blah

14.50
Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, here's what I tried in Word 2003:

1. Created a three-page, three-column table (row height set to 1").

2. In the top left cell (page 1) typed "Heading 1" and changed the style to
Heading 1.

3. In the bottom right cell (page 3) typed "Heading 2" and changed the style
to Heading 2. All the other cells remain Normal.

4. In the header, inserted a StyleRef field to pick up Heading 1 and a
StyleRef \l field to pick up Heading 2.

I see the words "Heading 1" and "Heading 2" in the header on all three
pages.

What am I doing differently from you?

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You use a tab (usually right- or decimal-aligned) with

period
leader.
See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all

follow-ups
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark" wrote in

message

If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make

the
line
Read

Blah Blah

14.50
Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

You're playing with me, Suzanne. Now fill in some of the blank cells on page
2 - say the fifth on the left and the tenth. Then what do you get?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You use a tab (usually right- or decimal-aligned) with

period
leader.
See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all

follow-ups
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark" wrote in

message

If you are formating a line such as

Blah Blah and want to add ........ at end to make

the
line
Read

Blah Blah
14.50
Hour

How do I get the ..... to Automatically fill in...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No change, provided the text I add is not in the Heading 1 style (I could
add only to the fifth; with 1" row height, there were only nine rows)? If I
apply Heading 1 style to that text, then the corresponding StyleRef field on
that page and the next changes; there's no way around that.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Exactly! Why are your cells 1 inch high? Make them .2 inches high! Now on
page 1 put "John" in cell 10 and "Jane" in cell 15! Jump to the next page,
and put "Kate" in cell 5 and "Korry" in cell 7! Now jump to page 3, and put
"Laura" in cell 15 and "Lanny" in cell 20! Format your headers - everything
is Normal except the 6 cells with names - assign them the invented style
Greek. I have a Tavultesoft Greek unicode keyboard installed, but I guess
you don't. The header reads "From (field 1) to (field 2)". On page 1 I want
to see "From John to Jane", on page 2 "From Jane to Korry" and on page 3
"From Korry to Lanny". When the reader of the report flips to page 2, he'll
know from the header that the information in the right columns at the top of
page 2 applies to Jane and not Kate or somebody else. I tried to access
microsoft.public.word.vba and seemed to get it this AM. But when I googled
it just now I couldn't get it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Okay, here's what I tried in Word 2003:

1. Created a three-page, three-column table (row height set to 1").

2. In the top left cell (page 1) typed "Heading 1" and changed the style

Heading 1.

3. In the bottom right cell (page 3) typed "Heading 2" and changed the

style
to Heading 2. All the other cells remain Normal.

4. In the header, inserted a StyleRef field to pick up Heading 1 and a
StyleRef \l field to pick up Heading 2.

I see the words "Heading 1" and "Heading 2" in the header on all three
pages.

What am I doing differently from you?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news Uh Uh. It loks from the top of page down for the FROM field and from

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I made the cells 1" high for convenience in making a relatively small table
span three pages. Note that "dictionary-style" headers are really intended
for documents like dictionaries that have many brief entries on each page
rather than relatively long ones than span pages.

In this interface you can access the basic VBA NG by selecting Word
Programming.