T. Duprex

Default Document always opens at 50%, How do I change?

When I open one particular document it always opens at zoom = 50% size,
with four pages showing. How do I get it to open at 100%? I've tried going
to 100% and then exiting but that doesn't work. I’m on Word 2002. Also when
I do a file new when I've opened this 50% document, the New document is at
50% also.

TIA
Jay Freedman

T. Duprex wrote:
When I open one particular document it always opens at zoom = 50%
size, with four pages showing. How do I get it to open at 100%? I've
tried going to 100% and then exiting but that doesn't work. I’m on
Word 2002. Also when I do a file new when I've opened this 50%
document, the New document is at 50% also.

TIA

Just changing the zoom and saving isn't enough because Word doesn't consider
a zoom change to be an "edit". You need to do something that "dirties" the
document. You can tell that's happened when the Undo command becomes
available. For instance, type a space character and then delete it.

For more information, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

--
Regards,