Leila West

Default My HTML emails are not being sent in Word

Help! I am trying to do a mail merge with Word 2003 and Outlook Express 2003
to send out some emails. Everything seems to be fine, and I have already sent
one test email which, when I selected the plain text option, worked fine.
However, all the formatting disappears when you use the plain text, so I
tried to send the same email in the same way, except I selected the HTML
option. Nothing happens, no email is sent or received and no error message
appears so I am at a loss as to what to do to correct it. I would prefer to
send an HTML email because it looks better with formatting.

If anyone has got any tips about how to correct this probem, please let me
know!

Thanks very much.
Graham Mayor

Currently Word cannot mail merge in html format. This is no bad thing as you
have no control over how messages are viewed by the recipients and many
users will have their e-mail systems set to display only plain text, as html
is a ripe carrier for rogue code, so the formatting will be lost on them.