Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gene Gene is offline

Default Why must I type 2 quote symbols in Word before they appear?

When I type either a single quote (foot) or double quote (inch) symbol, it
does not appear until I type the second symbol, and then they both appear.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Your keyboard is set up for a foreign language. Exactly what to do depends
on your version of Windows - if you have a two-character language code or
keyboard logo on your taskbar (or the Language Toolbar open) you can change
it through that - or the default hot key to switch is Left-Alt+Shift;
failing that you can do it through the Control Panel.

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans
Microsoft Word MVP