Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default save with embedded fonts

In a certain document written using Word 2002 I use unusual fonts and
symbols. How can I ensure that when I send this document to another PC it
will show the same fonts and symbols I use?

I think it has to do with saving the fonts used in the document, but when I
go to save the document as a Word doc, it does not give me the option to
save the unusual fonts with the document. How do I do that other than send
it as a pdf?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Thanks.

I found it. Shame there is not a option to do it per document, rather than
globally, but I only need it for this time so I will change it back when I
am done.

Thanks.

Jeff
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the Save tab of Tools | Options, you should have an option to "Embed
TrueType fonts." This will be possible, of course, only if the font
license
permits embedding.

so
all may benefit.

"Jeff" wrote in message
In a certain document written using Word 2002 I use unusual fonts and
symbols. How can I ensure that when I send this document to another PC
it
will show the same fonts and symbols I use?

I think it has to do with saving the fonts used in the document, but when

go to save the document as a Word doc, it does not give me the option to
save the unusual fonts with the document. How do I do that other than

send
it as a pdf?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You can do this on a file-by-file basis. Use File, SaveAs and click on the
Options button in the dialog.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Jeff" wrote in message
In a certain document written using Word 2002 I use unusual fonts and
symbols. How can I ensure that when I send this document to another PC
it
will show the same fonts and symbols I use?

I think it has to do with saving the fonts used in the document, but
when

go to save the document as a Word doc, it does not give me the option to
save the unusual fonts with the document. How do I do that other than

send
it as a pdf?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This actually is a per-document setting, though it may not be obvious that
it is.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Thanks.

I found it. Shame there is not a option to do it per document, rather

than
globally, but I only need it for this time so I will change it back when I
am done.

Thanks.

Jeff
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the Save tab of Tools | Options, you should have an option to "Embed
TrueType fonts." This will be possible, of course, only if the font
license
permits embedding.

newsgroup
so