Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_2_] John[_2_] is offline

Default Select All

Hi

Where has Edit-Select All command gone in word 2007?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On the Home ribbon, all the way to the right, click the Select button
and choose Select All. Or use the same keyboard shortcut as before,
Ctrl+A.

In general, when you want to find the Word 2007 equivalent of a Word
2003 menu command or toolbar button, use the Word 2003 to Word 2007
command reference guide at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:22:02 +0100, "John"
wrote:

Hi

Where has Edit-Select All command gone in word 2007?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use Ctrl+A. But if you really want to use the mouse, then on the Editing
chunk of the Home tab, use the Select pulldown.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"John" wrote in message
Hi

Where has Edit-Select All command gone in word 2007?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:39:17 -0400 from Jay Freedman
:
In general, when you want to find the Word 2007 equivalent of a Word
2003 menu command or toolbar button, use the Word 2003 to Word 2007
command reference guide at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx.

After I removed the incorrect period at the end of this URL, I got

"One Moment Please...

To help optimize how your Web pages are displayed, we are checking to
see if a 2007 Microsoft Office program is installed."

What incredible arrogance on the part of Microsoft! What business is
it of theirs what software I have on my computer when I want to view
a Web page?

Perhaps it's not arrogance, but just stupidity. But surely they would
have considered the possibility that someone might want to look at
some information about Word 2007 before taking the plunge to install
it.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:05:23 -0400, Stan Brown
wrote:

[...]

Obviously you hate Microsoft and the feeling is mutual. :-)

My newsreader (Agent) recognizes the URL and doesn't try to include
the period; I think OE and most others do the same.

When I go to that URL, I don't get any such message. This PC has only
Office 2003 on it (Office 2007 is installed in a Virtual PC partition,
and the main partition can't see it at all), although it does have the
Compatibility Pack to read 2007 formats.

Of course, I wouldn't rule out either arrogance or stupidity.
Microsoft has a long history of both. :-) But in this case I think it
might be something about the way your browser is configured.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't get the message, either, and I don't have even the Compatibility
Pack installed. I recall that the first few times I tried it, I did get such
a message (or--more to the point--one that said, in effect, "Sorry, you
don't have Office 2007 installed, so we won't show this to you."). Bob
Buckland (and perhaps others) told me it would be necessary to install some
ActiveX component or other (don't recall the details) in order to see the
page, but I don't think I ever did that because meanwhile MS had come out
with the downloadable Excel sheet, which serves admirably for someone who
*doesn't* have Office 2007 installed (the interactive guide seems more
suitable for someone actually using Office 2007).

I thought I might get a message when I clicked on "Start the guide"
(wondering if I had the required Flash plug-in installed), but all went
smoothly. What I don't quite understand is why the guide is a window that
appears to be a Normal (restored) Window, yet can't be resized (even though
it's slightly wider than my screen). Moreover, the Minimize and Close
buttons can be used, but the Maximize button is disabled. And there's a
vertical scroll bar even though there's nothing off-screen at the bottom
except white space. Hmm, interesting design. g

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And, of course, you can right click it and add it to the QAT for those times
when you're away from [the] Home [tab]. I have the whole "Select" item on my
QAT. The Select Object arrow comes in handy espcially when I need to grab a
graphic that's managed to slip below the covers.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"John" wrote in message
Hi

Where has Edit-Select All command gone in word 2007?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BoniM BoniM is offline

Yep, still works, as does triple clicking in same.

wrote:

Hi

Where has Edit-Select All command gone in word 2007?

Thanks

Regards

When select all doesn't MarkN Microsoft Word Help 3 October 30th 06 10:54 PM
select all... londonapprentice Microsoft Word Help 1 October 18th 06 02:25 AM
select table HenkR Mailmerge 1 June 7th 06 11:26 AM
auto select? mooad2005 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 11th 05 03:22 AM
How do I turn select text on and use Find to select a block of te. hpmted Microsoft Word Help 2 April 13th 05 12:32 AM