Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paddy

Default Changing default language across multiple documents

I have a folder of approximately 120 precedent letters, all in English
(US). Is there a function, script or 3rd party add-on/product I can use
to change this property so I can select English (Australia) for the
lot, or am I going to be forced to open each document individually,
select ALL and change manually?

I have searched the group and can't find an answer, apologies if I have
missed one...

Thanks in advance,
Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Paddy,

I have a folder of approximately 120 precedent letters, all in English
(US). Is there a function, script or 3rd party add-on/product I can use
to change this property so I can select English (Australia) for the
lot, or am I going to be forced to open each document individually,
select ALL and change manually?

Unless these are Word 2003 documents that have been saved as XML I'm
afraid there's no other way than to open each document individually in
Word.

Depending on how they were created, the change could be fairly simple
(change the definition of the Normal style). But since Word 97 and the
precedence given to the Windows language overriding Word's internal
language default, the chances of it being that easy are slim.

If it were that simple, then you could use a batch macro to help speed
things along. But if a lot of direct formatting has been applied, a macro
could be rather "iffy".

I have searched the group and can't find an answer, apologies if I have
missed one...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org