Bruce K

Default word prompts me to save doc when closing, even though I have not .

when I open a word document and then close it, I keep getting prompted if I
want to save changes, even though I did not make any kind of change.. didnt
even move the curser... help
Jezebel

This happens if the document contains fields that update automatically, such
as DATE fields, or less commonly, if an AutoOpen macro is running that
'touches' the document in some way. Just say No.

"Bruce K" Bruce wrote in message
when I open a word document and then close it, I keep getting prompted if
want to save changes, even though I did not make any kind of change..
didnt
even move the curser... help

Graham Mayor

In addition to the other suggestions, abandoned temporary files can cause
this, as can minor corruption in normal.dot. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm and if still no cure
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Bruce K wrote:
when I open a word document and then close it, I keep getting
prompted if I want to save changes, even though I did not make any
kind of change.. didnt even move the curser... help

Graham Mayor

Oops I had it in my head that it was the prompt to save normal.dot that
kept popping up, but was too quick on the send key
Removing orphan files is, however, never a bad thing to do.