Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dobro52 Dobro52 is offline

Default Transfer resume with jump drive

I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template, from my
desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

Did you save the resume directly to the jump drive? If so, copy the saved
file from your desktop to the jump drive. Then on the laptop, copy the file
from the jump drive to the hard drive.
"Dobro52" wrote in message
I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template, from my
desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dobro52 Dobro52 is offline

Thanks, Chuck...
I wasn't clear in my original post (this is my first visit here...)
The resume was originally saved into my documents on my desktop computer. I
then copied it to the jump drive, then to my documents in my laptop computer.

I've never seen anything like this.

Jeff

"Dobro52" wrote in message
I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template, from my
desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dobro52 Dobro52 is offline

Default E-mail resume as attachment

Here's more...I just tried attaching the resume to an e-mail that I sent to
myself. It looks like the one I tried to transfer with my jump drive!

Sheeesh!

"Dobro52" wrote in message
I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template, from my
desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A resume is merely a document that contains a table. It shouldn't have any
influence over the Word menus (unless it has toolbars saved in it). Things
to check on the laptop are screen resolution - including updating to the
lastest display driver, and the availability of the same printer driver that
was used to create the document.

"Dobro52" wrote in message
I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template,
from my desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless it's one of those blamed templates from the Office Template Gallery
that (I gather) have built-in Template Help task panes. If the OP saved his
résumé as a template (or, more to the point, saved the template as his
résumé) and emailed that, then presumably anyone who opened it would get the
task pane, too.

"Dobro52" wrote in message
I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template,
from my desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dobro52 Dobro52 is offline

Thanks Suzanne, and everyone else...
Someone told me the problem was in the review toolbar. Evidently, Microsoft
Word 2003 leaves the "Markup" button on by default, so you don't lose changes
in review. Going to "accept all changes" finished the editing/reviewing
process, and the document looks fine now.

Thanks everyone!

"Dobro52" wrote in message
I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template,
from my desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah. How insidious. That probably answers some questions about how users find
that Track Changes has been turned on without their doing it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless it's one of those blamed templates from the Office Template

Gallery
that (I gather) have built-in Template Help task panes. If the OP saved

his
résumé as a template (or, more to the point, saved the template as his
résumé) and emailed that, then presumably anyone who opened it would get

the
task pane, too.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dobro52" wrote in message
I tried to transfer my resume, for which I used a Word template,
from my desktop, to my laptop, using a jump drive.

The copy shows all the commands for the template in bright red.

How can I get it to look normal?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dobro52 Dobro52 is offline

It's actually a good feature to have, now that I know it exists. I had
forwarded the resume to a friend who's savvy to all this stuff. She used the
review feature, and left it to me to accept the changes. I didn't even know
the feature existed.
Her name is Suzanne, by the way.