Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mwharton1 mwharton1 is offline

Default How to automatically capitalize first letter of numbered list?

I'm a longtime user of the Microsoft Office Suite, and Word especially. I'm
asking the following question because I think something has changed. But,
lately, I've not been able to capitalize the first letter of a numbered or
bulleted list automatically (as I type). So, I would like to learn how to
automatically capitalize the first letter of each numbered or bulleted item
in a list. I can't seem to find an answer to my question in the general Help
menu under "capitalize list". Any suggestions? Should I be doing something
that's really obvious? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Mwharton1,
Have you checked in Tools - AutoCorrection options - AutoCorrection tab -
if there is a check next to begin sentences with ...?

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
I'm a longtime user of the Microsoft Office Suite, and Word especially.
I'm
asking the following question because I think something has changed. But,
lately, I've not been able to capitalize the first letter of a numbered or
bulleted list automatically (as I type). So, I would like to learn how to
automatically capitalize the first letter of each numbered or bulleted
item
in a list. I can't seem to find an answer to my question in the general
Help
menu under "capitalize list". Any suggestions? Should I be doing
something
that's really obvious? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to what the others have said, see €śWord does not capitalize the first
letter of a sentence€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291538. Apparently
there was a demand to be able to type numbered lists in which the list items
were not capitalized, and the fix was (inadvertently, one hopes) made more
general than intended. The standard answer is that "There are two Shift keys
on every keyboard," but this is not much consolation when you have become
spoiled by Word's previous behavior.