Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default mulitple caption cross-reference?

Hi all,
I haven't been able to find this answer in the discussion groups; I'd
appreciate
help, whether in the form of an answer or pointing me in the right
direction.

I'm writing a document with figures and tables galore. All my figures
have
captions, which I use to cross-reference. However, I often need to
refer to
multiple figures in one sentence (e.g., "As shown in Figures 3 and
4..."), and
the only thing I can do right now is "As shown in Figure 3 and Figure
4..."
While that works, it gets pretty unwieldy for more than two references.

As far as I can tell from Word help, doing a multi-numbered reference
is
possible only with numbered paragraphs. Does anyone know how to do it
with
captioned items?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew