Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike

Default Tabbing to columns in a table using mail merge fields

I have a table in a Word template that contains a mail merge field in the
first cell. The data for the field contains a name, date and amount, each
piece of data separated by a tab (ASCII 9). This was done in the hopes that
the tab would move the cursor to the next cell in the table so the date and
amount would be placed in cells two and three respectively. This doesn't
seem to work. Can anyone suggest how I might accomplish tabbing to the next
cell via data in the mail merge field? Thanks.

Mike