Bill S.

Default Mail Merge Events

Hi,

I'm using VB.NET 2003, and having trouble getting the mail merge events to
fire. In particular, the MailMergeAfterRecordMerge and
MailMergeBeforeRecordMerge events. I've looked at the examples for VB6 and
tried to emulate that code with no success. Any suggestions, tips, advice,
code snippets?

Thanks

Peter Jamieson

Did you make any progress on this one?

FWIW I am not at all familiar with the .NET environment and the use of it to
create Office App, and I notice that there has been very little discussion
of the use of the Mailmerge events on the Usenet groups you can searchin
Google, but when I created an app. to test the mailmerge events, everything
worked fine if I developed a "Microsoft Office System Project" where the
user opens a document and the VB.NET code works in much the same way as VBA
code. However, if I tried to create a VB.NET Windows Application that
programmatically opened a Word document and initiated a merge, things were
slightly different. First, if the mail merge main document was a "Directory"
type merge, the events would not fire at all. Second, even when it was a
Letters type document, although the events would fire, sometimes they would
not. However, in this scenario I have found it hard to work out in my mind
exactly what is going on behind the scenes.

The code I started with was extremely simple - I just generated the
appropriate event handler declarations using the drop-downs and put
Msgbox("message") calls in each one to see what happened.

Doubt if that helps but you never know.

Peter Jamieson