Editing footnote styles

Old August 17th 08, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Patrick Murray

Default Editing footnote styles

Word 2007

I write multiple reports using the same footnote format that seems to be
incompatible with Word 2007. The format is:
date aligned left
filename aligned center
page number aligned right
Every footnote style I try gets changes when I add one of the above fields.

Any ideas from our illustrious MVPs?

Old August 17th 08, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Are you sure you want footnotes and not footers?

Assuming you really mean footers, what you describe is Word's default footer
format. In the Insert tab, drop down Footer - Edit Footer.

Press Ctrl+F9, type DATE, press F9, then press the End key.

Press the Tab key.

Press Ctrl+F9, type FILENAME, press F9, then press the End key.

Press the Tab key.

Press Ctrl+F9, type PAGE, press F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP