Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Patrick Murray Patrick Murray is offline

Default Editing footnote styles

Word 2007

I write multiple reports using the same footnote format that seems to be
incompatible with Word 2007. The format is:
date aligned left
filename aligned center
page number aligned right
Every footnote style I try gets changes when I add one of the above fields.

Any ideas from our illustrious MVPs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Are you sure you want footnotes and not footers?

Assuming you really mean footers, what you describe is Word's default footer
format. In the Insert tab, drop down Footer - Edit Footer.

Press Ctrl+F9, type DATE, press F9, then press the End key.

Press the Tab key.

Press Ctrl+F9, type FILENAME, press F9, then press the End key.

Press the Tab key.

Press Ctrl+F9, type PAGE, press F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP