Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RSC RSC is offline

Default Hyperlink Character limit

How do I overcome the 256-character limit for hyperlinks? I'm using Outlook
2002 with Word 2002 as my email editor.
--
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You really can't "overcome" the limit, but you can use any of several
services such as http://tinyurl.com/ to make short aliases for the
ridiculously long hyperlinks.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

RSC wrote:
How do I overcome the 256-character limit for hyperlinks? I'm using
Outlook 2002 with Word 2002 as my email editor.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?UlND?= wrote in
:

How do I overcome the 256-character limit for hyperlinks? I'm using
Outlook 2002 with Word 2002 as my email editor.

Save the file locally and use relative paths.

In most instances for very long SERP links and other digitial archives
which utilize long-URL's?
If you navigate their system, rather than accepting the first link that
appears, your able to locate a shorter and more direct URL to the same
source.
ashleygon ashleygon is offline
Junior Member

I would recommend you to use the Long Path Tool. It should sort out your problem.
grols grols is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSC View Post
How do I overcome the 256-character limit for hyperlinks? I'm using Outlook
2002 with Word 2002 as my email editor.
--
Jim
update your Word.
Outlook 2013 – Seems no limitation.
Outlook 2010 – 1033 characters
Outlook 2007 – 1033 characters
Outlook 2003 – 256 characters

getlinkz getlinkz is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSC View Post
How do I overcome the 256-character limit for hyperlinks? I'm using Outlook
2002 with Word 2002 as my email editor.
--
Jim
hello
you can also use long_path. tool to overcome the 256 character limit.

Hyperlink character limit mohill Microsoft Word Help 8 February 2nd 06 12:38 AM
Character limit LMB New Users 4 December 2nd 05 01:35 PM
Cell character limit? Sara Tables 3 October 11th 05 08:28 PM
Sql Query: 255 character Limit Mark Olbert Mailmerge 2 January 31st 05 07:33 PM
Character limit in mail merge Carson Mailmerge 1 January 6th 05 05:17 PM