giraffe

Default Mcafee security alert prevented registry for first time WORD use

I was notified I could only use WORD a specified number of times without
registering and that the program would change after that. My security
settings recommended getting off line and going directly to Mcafee. I was
unable to find an answer in Mcafee nor can I find the means here to try again
to register. I still don't know the proper settings for my browser that are
safe but usable.
I am trying to use my new Office 2003.
Where do I look for a reply to this? How long should I wait?
Pat Garard

G'Day Giraffe,

1. Registering Microsoft Products is OPTIONAL (but
still useful and advisable).

2. ACTIVATION is what you require.

3. This has NOTHING to do with McAfee.

4. To activate Office from Word, use:
ToolsActivate Product...
You can activate by phone if necessary, but
a standard Internet setup works just fine.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"giraffe" wrote in message
I was notified I could only use WORD a specified number of times without
registering and that the program would change after that. My security
settings recommended getting off line and going directly to Mcafee. I was
unable to find an answer in Mcafee nor can I find the means here to try
again
to register. I still don't know the proper settings for my browser that
are
safe but usable.
I am trying to use my new Office 2003.
Where do I look for a reply to this? How long should I wait?

Pat Garard

G'Day Amedee,

Yes - He's been asked by McAfee s/w whether to give Word
internet access, and has replied NO!

If he does as I have suggested, he will be asked again, and again,
and again......
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
Pat Garard shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

G'Day Giraffe,

1. Registering Microsoft Products is OPTIONAL (but
still useful and advisable).

2. ACTIVATION is what you require.

3. This has NOTHING to do with McAfee.

4. To activate Office from Word, use:
ToolsActivate Product...
You can activate by phone if necessary, but
a standard Internet setup works just fine.

Pat,

I think I know what he means, but I'm not sure. Giraffe should explain
it better, so that I know if his problem is what I think it is. If not
it's no use that I reply, because my answer would be highly speculative.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html