Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
llmed

Default Mail Merge Attachment - for beginners....

Hi there, I have read a lot of these posts, and have looked at the
instructions for attaching PDFs to an email merge, but I know very little
about Macros and visual basic, and I don't really know how to just "execute"
to a new document, or where to put the code, or how to run it. Are there any
instructions that are easy for a beginner?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

For the execute to a new document issue, from the View menu, select Toolbars
and then check the Mail Merge toolbar item. On the Mail Merge toolbar, the
fourth button from the right hand end will execute a mailmerge to a new
document.

For the macro part of it, see the article "What do I do with macros sent to
me by other newsgroup readers to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

I assume that you are trying to use the information in the article "Mail
Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

If so, make sure that you read and follow the instructions exactly.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"llmed" wrote in message
Hi there, I have read a lot of these posts, and have looked at the
instructions for attaching PDFs to an email merge, but I know very little
about Macros and visual basic, and I don't really know how to just
"execute"
to a new document, or where to put the code, or how to run it. Are there
any
instructions that are easy for a beginner?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
llmed

Great! I have finally got it to work...however, the formatting (bolded words,
different fonts etc.) which is present in the main document (email body),
does not come through once I receive the messages in my inbox. Is there
anything I can do to preserve the formatting?

Thanks!

"llmed" wrote in message
Hi there, I have read a lot of these posts, and have looked at the
instructions for attaching PDFs to an email merge, but I know very little
about Macros and visual basic, and I don't really know how to just
"execute"
to a new document, or where to put the code, or how to run it. Are there
any
instructions that are easy for a beginner?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It's not worth it as you do not have control over the way in which the
recipient reads their email messages. Many users have messages displayed in
plain text for security reasons.