Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SueD

Default Old documents lost formatting

I have many old documents created with Word 97. I am now opening these
documents in Word 2000. Normal.dot has changed between two versions.
On the bottom of the letters typed with the normal.dot template in Word 97,
now appears formatting and summary information in plain text. It is possible
to link these documents to the new normal.dot and get rid of the typing that
has appeared without having to delete it all?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

In your Open dialog, change the file type dropdown to show "All Word
Documents", not "Recover text from any file".

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP