Editing footnote

Old September 18th 06, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dillon65

Default Editing footnote

Hello:

I am trying to edit a footnote -

The problem I am having is that 2006 tends to jump to second line, for
example:
This is only a test to use as an example - London Bridge renovations
2006

The 2006 is suppose to be on the same line, I know that I could go to File,
Page Setup and change the margins, but that would change the entire document.

The margins are already at Top - 1.65 Bottom 1.52, & Left 2.54 Right 2.54
The only thing I can do is to lower the font to Arial 9, from Arial 10

Thanks dillon

Old September 19th 06, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dillon65

Hello Mrs. Barnhill:

I will admit, I was not happy after revewing only two paragraphs of your
link, I opened a copy of the orginal documents only to play around with the
margins, and figured out to reduce the right hand margin by 0.8

For some unknow reason, I returned to your link and there it was, the key
answer to what I had previously accidently tried to figure out on my own.
Not too mention that I learned that 2.54 cm is the same as 1" inch, I am very
embrassed in deed.

I have printed the "Tips and tricks for copy fitting, Editing"

Thank you so very much, this is my first post, and I will be daily.

dillon65

Old September 19th 06, 05:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try character spacing. See

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.