Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrew Kennard[_2_] Andrew Kennard[_2_] is offline

Default Mailmerge & Print events

Hi all

I would like to be able to automate a mail merge of records/documents one by
one so that I can get notifications of things happening

I see in the Word 2003 Object model there are events for MailMergeAfterMerge
and DocumentBeforePrint

I don't want the whole process to be too slow but I really need to kepp
tight control on which merged documents have/havn't been printed.

There does not seem to be an "DocumentAfterPrint" event ? I assume this is
because I suppose you can't tell when a document is "actually" printed with
buffers/network printers etc etc

Does anyone have a "one merge document at a time" example to give me a head
start ?

When you start to do merges from larger source data say 10,000+ records you
really need tight control incase of jams etc etc to make it easier to
restart and keep track of things etc

Thanks in advance for any advise

Kind Regards

Andrew