Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leena leena is offline

Default microsoft word features and benefits

Hi,

I need to give a professional overview presentation about microsoft word as
part of a sales course I am doing. I should include features, benefits etc. I
did some research on the internet for any relevant articles but I am unable
to find anything useful to my topic. All I get is usually new features of
different versions of word. Does anyone know where i can find some info?

many thanks
--
leena
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Start he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...487981033.aspx

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"leena" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to give a professional overview presentation about microsoft word
as
part of a sales course I am doing. I should include features, benefits
etc. I
did some research on the internet for any relevant articles but I am
unable
to find anything useful to my topic. All I get is usually new features of
different versions of word. Does anyone know where i can find some info?

many thanks
--
leena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leena leena is offline

Thanks JoAnn, but this is not what I need. I need to talk about microsoft
word in general for customers who have not used it before. I need to explain
what it does, its main features and benefits it can bring to the business as
opposed to doing things manually or using other software. Are there any
websites that talk about microsoft word in general?
--
leena

"leena" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to give a professional overview presentation about microsoft word
as
part of a sales course I am doing. I should include features, benefits
etc. I
did some research on the internet for any relevant articles but I am
unable
to find anything useful to my topic. All I get is usually new features of
different versions of word. Does anyone know where i can find some info?

many thanks
--
leena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think what you're looking for is more a definition of the benefits of word
processing as opposed to typing. You might find
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/word_processing.html helpful. It lists a lot
of the automatic features of word processors.

If you google for "word processing benefits," you'll find other pages that
may be helpful.

"leena" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to give a professional overview presentation about microsoft
word
as
part of a sales course I am doing. I should include features, benefits
etc. I
did some research on the internet for any relevant articles but I am
unable
to find anything useful to my topic. All I get is usually new features
of
different versions of word. Does anyone know where i can find some
info?

many thanks
--
leena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leena leena is offline

Thank you Suzanne, this is really helpful.

Out of all word processors I would like to highlight the selling points of
microsoft word. I did many google searches but i am unable to find something
useful. Most of the pages I find usually highlight new or additional features
of versions (e.g. word 2007) for people who already know/use word. Do you
know of some good websites that talk about the selling points of microsoft
word?
--
leena

"leena" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to give a professional overview presentation about microsoft
word
as
part of a sales course I am doing. I should include features, benefits
etc. I
did some research on the internet for any relevant articles but I am
unable
to find anything useful to my topic. All I get is usually new features
of
different versions of word. Does anyone know where i can find some
info?

many thanks
--
leena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think you're going to find anything really generic because Word was
sold that way many, many versions ago. People who buy Word nowadays do it
because they have already had a previous version, because they're required
to for school or work or to be compatible with everyone else in the world,
or because they're not aware there's anything else available. g

I'm not sure if http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...650321033.aspx
is the page you already looked at. It does list benefits, but again they're
the "new features." There's a "what's new" for Word 2002 at
http://www.hallogram.com/word/.

And then there's a question that's right up your alley (eleventh hit in a
Google search for "Microsoft Word benefits") at
http://help.wugnet.com/office/micros...5578.html--but,
oh, wait: it's you! g

"leena" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to give a professional overview presentation about microsoft
word
as
part of a sales course I am doing. I should include features,
benefits
etc. I
did some research on the internet for any relevant articles but I am
unable
to find anything useful to my topic. All I get is usually new
features
of
different versions of word. Does anyone know where i can find some
info?

many thanks
--
leena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Leena,

You may want to look at the http://microsoft.com/partner website for information, courseware, ertification and selling tools for
the MS product line
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*.